What are infographics?
Infographics = Information + Graphics i.e. graphical representation of information; Infographics are quick and clear visual representations of large chunks of data. They are usually made up of different elements such as bar graphs, pie charts, maps, signs, pictograms, vector art, clipart, illustrations etc. The prime focus of infographics is creativity! How do you present large, boring data in an interesting manner? is all what matters in an infographic.
Infographics are a great way of making people read something. They are usually used as a marketing tool for generating traffic for a site. The impact an infographic creates is huge and the investment on an infographic is only the cost of getting it designed. They are meant to be shared on social media and get viral. This would give a lot of backlinks for the company involved and this would add to the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) of its site as well.
The way we do it:
These are the steps involved in making an infographic:
- Gathering information (research)
- Editing the information (removing unnecessary info and converting the necessary info into a suitable form)
- Innovating on how to present the information (coming up with concepts such as bar graphs, maps, signs, pie charts etc.)
- Developing a theme for the infographic
- Making a wireframe (without the actual design; like a mockup)
- Taking clients approval
- Making the actual design
- Review and feedback
And this snap of ours summarizes the aforementioned process:
Our previous works:
We are designing a series of infographics on topics related to engineering in India for our client http://www.gyancentral.com and two of them are published as of now.
You can see them at
Stay tuned to our facebook page to get more updates on what we are doing!